The SP-1B30-P/ SP-2B30-P Solar Prioritizer is a fully automatic solar charger which also controls the ac supply to any existing UPS. The 16 bit digital controller continuously track the PV panel Voltage, the Charging current and the Battery Voltage. Based on its advanced multipoint tracking algorithm, it optimally controls the ac power input to the Inverter or UPS.
When the incident solar energy is good, the ac input to the UPS is cutoff, and the UPS goes to backup mode thereby not drawing any power from the ac grid. At the same time, the solar charger will be charging the battery. Effectively, the load connected to the UPS will now run on solar power.
Only if the solar power is good, it changes the UPS to backup mode thereby it ensures the battery is not discharged and also saves on electricity bills
- The Smart changeover optimally controls the ac input to the UPS and ensures the battery is never undercharged.
- The advanced charging technique using an optimized automatic boost cum float charging algorithm assures full charge and improved battery life.
- Current and Voltage sensing for high effectiveness.
- High charge capability up to 30Amps. Thus, up to 480Wp/12V or 960Wp/24V panel can be connected.
- Electronic protection for reverse connection of Panel or Battery.
- Direct termination up to 6 sq mm cable
- Battery level indicator for status update
- Manual selection option to enhance utility
- What is a Solar Prioritizer?
The Prioritizer (some call it Solar Management Unit) is as device which can be used to convert any common Inverter to Solar.
The Prioritizer automatically charges the batteries using solar energy in the day. It is also useful in places of power cut where the battery does not get charged from mains ac power.
- What is the working principle of the Solar Prioritizer?
The mains ac input power of the inverter is taken through the Prioritizer. When sufficient solar power is available, the input power to the inverter is disconnected and the inverter is made to work in battery in the backup mode. At the same time the solar panel will be charging the battery. Thus the Loads will effectively work from the solar power. When the solar power reduces, the inverter is connected back to the ac mains making it work as normal Inverter.
- For More FAQ about Solar PCU Click Here